Tuesday, May 25, 2010

TEXAS and new adventures for Lily!

Well, we've been here three weeks now, and it's not so bad. Actually, I really like the area we're in; it's a beautiful place, and we aren't in the middle of a huge city like I expected. We're north of Fort Worth, and it's funny, our apartment complex is surrounded by pastures. We're basically on a ranch. But our complex is pretty nice; I personally love it. :)
 

We've had some adventures since we've been here: We got a new "Lily-size" stroller, because we didn't have room to pack the big one. But I love this one! It's not an umbrella stroller, but it's pretty close, and it's super cute!
 

Lily went in the pool for the first time (in the cutest baby bikini ever!). 

She rode in the seat on a shopping cart for the first time (she was SUPER excited!), of course it was one of the smaller carts at Hobby Lobby, but she didn't even fall over once! She held on and sat there like a big girl!

She ate her first entire jar of baby food (green beans!). And she loved them! She was a huge mess by the time she finished eating them!
She took her first trip to the ZOO!It was the Fort Worth Zoo, and our complex had free tickets for every resident, so we didn't have to pay at all to go! It was great! It was pretty hot, but other than being sweaty and worn out by the time we left, it was a great experience! Lily loved the fish, amphibians and reptiles, because she could get really close to the glass and see the animals inside their aquariums!
AND, she's learned to shake a rattle! There's not really a good way to get a picture of that, though. It's so cute! So anyway, Texas isn't so bad. One of the best things is that even though I'm working Monday-Friday, Lily gets to come to the office with me every day. :) She's my little co-worker, cheerleader, assistant, and personal entertainment (she's started "singing" which Buddy the Elf says, is "just like talking, except longer and louder, and you move your voice up and down". And that's exactly what Lily does!) Speaking of "firsts" for Lily, I guess you could say this is her "first job," but what more would you expect from a child who's already attended TWO semesters (summer & fall) at the University of Georgia?! :)
This is Lily and me at the office: 

One more thing:  Lily will be 5 months old tomorrow! She's growing so fast! :)

4 comments:

Evelyn (granny) said...

Emily,
Your baby girl is so sweet, you and Matt are great parents.
Lily is cute as a bug.

Anonymous said...

I love these blogs. It fills me in on the things that you forget to mention when we talk. I love you all and think Lily is amazing!!!-love Mom

Valerie said...

Love this! I love reading the blog and all the great pictures!!! Can't wait for ya'll to come back! She is growing so fast! I can't believe she's sitting in a buggy :) We haven't even tried that with EJ yet! He's too rolly polly :D

Valerie said...

Love this! I love reading the blog and all the great pictures!!! Can't wait for ya'll to come back! She is growing so fast! I can't believe she's sitting in a buggy :) We haven't even tried that with EJ yet! He's too rolly polly :D